I went to bed last night around 9:30pm. Slept soundly until the phone rang just after 5am. As the sun was shiningI decided to get up there and then, as I was planning on going for a walk up Calton Hill again but this time at my pace and to take photos of a couple of the monuments that we could only see in the distance last night. First up up had some breakfast. It didn't included it, when I made the booking but yesterday I decided that I'd have a continental breakfast, instead of trying to find a cafe open early in the morning.
Went for my walk around 7:30ish. There were quite a few people out and about. Locals walking their dogs and I assume other visitors, as a few of them were also taking photos. After breakfast I then went walking again. Checked out where the hotel is when we get back to Edinburgh and where the hotel is that I'll be transferring to after the tour finishes. About a 4 minute walk, so happy with that too. This mornings' walk took me all of about 2 minutes from the Parliament House Hotel, to Apex Waterloo Place. I knew I couldn't check in but they have stored my luggage. I also found out that there will be a meet and great with the TD at 4pm, who is a Mr Richard Hare.
I also took a walk to Holyrood Palace, as I'm visiting there on the 13th. That is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel that I'll be staying at. I visited a few souvenir shops along the Royal Mile and on North and South Bridges.
The sky became very overcast, very quickly, so I went to Waverly Mall to have a bite to eat. By the time I went back up onto the street, the rain had finished and the sky was sunny again. Walked back to the hotel and a room was ready, so have spend some time writing part of this up and uploaded some photos to Flickr.
We are meeting our TD, Richard Hare, at 4 this afternoon and he will give us some more detail about what is happening with our luggage, where dinner is tonight and what is happening tomorrow.
Its now almost 10pm and I'm heading for bed. Off to Glasgow in the train tomorrow morning, then on to Glencoe via the West Highland Line. Photos posted on Flickr. Night all.
Edited to say that I walked 14,452 steps today.
No comments:
Post a Comment