I was woken around 2:30 this morning, by a text message saying “Hi mum, I’ve broken my phone and have a new one. Will you call me on it?”
I blocked that number and deleted the message. I haven’t received that one for a few years.
I eventually got up around 6, showered and washed my hair and then packed the main luggage, as that had to be outside the room by 7:15, so it can be picked up and transferred to our Edinburgh hotel via coach.
Down to breakfast around 7 and after that I went for a walk along side the River Ness. Richard had mentioned that there was nice walk and to take the 2nd bridge, to walk back on the other side. I don’t know the distance but I walked 5,480 steps and it took about 45 minutes.
Had a chat with Maama and Perry who were in reception when I returned. Then went to my room to collect my backpack and then went back downstairs to check out and then started to update this while people watching, until we leave here just after 10, to walk to the train station.
Richard informed us that Scott Rail have cancelled the booked seat allocations, so it will be a free for all once we are on the platform.
I thing we all managed to get on the same carriage and find seat and the train departed on time at 10:50.
First stop Aviemore. Arrived at 11:25 and departed there at 11:36.
Next stop is Kingussie. Arrived at 11:47 but only stopped for about 2 minutes. Off again at 11:49.
Scenery is green and rolling hills. Scottish black faced sheet and all white sheep in some of the paddocks.
Next stop is Blair Atholl. Arrived at 12:21 and departed at 12:22.
Pitlochry. Arrived at 12:31 and departed at 12:32.
Then there was Dunkeld + Birnam. 12:44 & 12:45.
Next stop is Perth. Arrive 1:00 and depart 1:05.
Stirling is next. Arrive 1:33 and depart 1:38
Haymarket 2:14 & 2:20. and then Edinburgh Waverley
We were at the hotel around 3pm by the time we sorted ourselves out at the station and walked to the hotel.
I’m in room 437. No particular view but I don’t plan on spending time in the room looking at a view.
We are meeting in the bar at 7:15 before being piped into dinner at 7:30.
I haven't been able to upload photos from today. The internet connection is horrendous. Will try again sometime tomorrow.
EDITED: 10,863 steps today.
No comments:
Post a Comment