Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Tuesday 16th July - Trip to Whitby and return

 My first non coughing night, so had a good nights sleep. Only had to get ups once during the night.

Finished up-dating the blog for yesterday and posted photos from yesterday too.

I had a good nights sleep with no coughing but now get a runny nose. I need to find a pharmacy today to buy more tissues.😁

We got away at 9am and it’s a wet day.


Captain Cook worked at a local drapery shop in Staithes, where he would stare out the window, longing to be out to sea. 

We arrived in Staithes around 9:30 and walked down the main narrow road to the harbour. A  very pretty coastal town.

Michelle drove the bus down the narrow road and we climbed on board around 10:15 and we were on our way to Whitby.


We arrived in Whitby around 10:30. After taking photos of the Captain Cook Memorial, then visited the Museum. The museum was quite interesting and the guy who was talking was very well informed.


After that was lunch time and back to the bus at 1:30.

A small fish & chips was still to big for me, but I have now had fish & chips in England.


We were soon at the Abbey after that and we were meeting again around 2:45.


From the Abbey we are heading through the. Moors National Park where we had a photo stop. On the road again at 3:15.


3:20 and we stopped at the heartbeat town, Aidensfield and then back to the coach after the steam train went through at 4:20pm. Back on board at 4:40 heading to the hotel.


Arrived back just before 6 pm.


Dinner is again at 8 pm and tomorrow we head for York


Breakfast at 7am, bags out at 8am and we depart at 9am.  I’ll finish this after dinner as I’m going for a walk.


Before dinner started, Charlie handed out envelopes to us all, which said that the visit to Sandringham was cancelled and we would be going to Burghley House & Gardens.  We all knew that months ago. Apparently Charlie didn't.

The food, once again was delicious but again, I could not finish the main. It was a mushroom risotto.  I don't think I'll bother with 3 course dinners again.  Far to much food for me.

Dinner finished, we all stayed talking and then looked at our watches and decided that bed was next, Got back to my room at 9:45pm.


Have posted some photos on Flickr.   Steps. 12,163


Night all


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 25th - Singapore

Despite our flight out of London being delayed and being an hour late we arrived in Singapore 20 minutes ahead of the original arrival time....