Awake at 5am. Showered, dressed, sorted the luggage to put out before I went down to breakfast at 7:20. Another light breakfast and then went for a walk around the grounds.
We were all onboard and departed the hotel at 8;45, to visit the local St Mary & All Saints Church and had a photo stop to see it’s twisted spire. It is so big that it's often mistaken for a cathedral and, in fact, it's the largest church in Derbyshire.
There is a wedding story about that. The most popular story about the Spire is that it was so amazed to hear of a virgin being married in the Church that it twisted round to try and see such a wonder for itself.
We departed there about 9:10 on our way to Sherwood Forest, where we arrived at 9:50
We departed Sherwood Forest at 11:35, after a walk through part of the forest, on the way to our lunch stop in Newark.
Arrived in Newark around midday. Charlie took us on an orientation tour and then left us to have lunch. We all ate at a riverside eatery next to the River Trent. It was called The Swan & Salmon (I think) I had a starter size seafood salad. Very fresh and delicious.
Back onboard at 2.30pm, for our trip to Lincoln where we are staying for the next 2 nights.
Arrived at the hotel at 3:20 ish.
I had hand washing to do and Rosanne just wanted to rest. We agreed to meet in the bar at 6:30pm for a drink. A large drink. :). Were chatting away when Len & Cyndy came in. They had changed rooms because of the state of the 1st room they were put in. Apparently Charlie took photos of their 1st room and will be forwarding to the company. Apparently an old dirty room. Mould in the bathroom, filthy carpet etc. Not nice at all. My room is dated but it is clean. Shortly after that, Duncan arrived. Jackie had gone to their room and he was in the bar to buy a bottle water. He eventually left around 9pm. I hope Jackie wasn't to thirsty.
Len, Cyndy, Rosanne & I all left shortly after. I was back in my room by 9:30 and will be heading for bed once I update this and post some photos on Flickr.
Photos posted. Steps today 9,405.
No comments:
Post a Comment